Interest Check: Shadowdark

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

KCC

May 7, 2024 1:51 pm
Shadowdarkhttps://i.imgur.com/oDjDNVS.jpegShadowdark is a rules-lite fantasy roleplaying game, touted by many as a bridge between 5e and the OSR. I’m planning to find out if that’s the case.

The Premise: I plan to run a single level-1 adventure using the Shadowdark system, simply to see how it runs. No great world-building and no grand campaign… yet. If things go well, we can keep going! Starting small and building outwards!

The Characters: I’m looking for 4-5 brave adventurers to run through an adventure! Old school modules lean towards higher player counts, but I think 5 should suit Shadowdark just fine! I only have the Core Book, and so will only be using the Fighter, Priest, Thief and Wizard classes.

The Posting: I try to post 7 times a week, and I know many others do, too. It’s often more like 6, but I do try to keep a decent pace in my games (and fail at times, as many of you know!) Let’s aim for daily posting, if we can!

The Players: This game is open to any and all! No experience with the game is required (I have none myself). I play gonzo fantasy, mud and blood fantasy, high fantasy, etc. You name it, I probably like it. I have some modules in mind, but none definitively picked out. The game is open to all fantasy persuasions.

The Themes: Coarse language is to be expected. Other than that, I think a lot of you know by now that I don’t get into anything too spicy in my games. We won’t be featuring on r/rpghorrorstories in this game.

The Application: Simply post here! I’ll leave it here for a few days while I build the forums, and we’ll see if there’s sufficient interest (or none…)!

Feel free to share what kind of fantasy you like to play, and what kind of characters you gravitate towards!
May 7, 2024 3:10 pm
Sign me up! Always wanted to try it out.

I tend to prefer low/dark fantasy, but I'm happy to go with whatever (OSR games tend to produce that by default). And I'm happy to try the Fighter or Thief. Or I might just let the dice decide, see what I get handed...
Last edited May 7, 2024 6:49 pm
May 7, 2024 5:10 pm
I love Shadowdark! I ran it professionally when I took my break from GP. Such a perfect little system.

You'll have my torch, if you'll have me!
May 7, 2024 11:22 pm
I would love to play. I've been running an IRL Shadowdark game in Stonehell, and I really like the system. Would enjoy going at it from the player side.

I've played a lot of DCC recently, and have done lots of DnD in various settings/styles.

I don't have a favorite character type, per se, but I would enjoy doing a Shadowdark caster. But I also like filling the gaps in a party, so I'm pretty flexible.
Last edited May 7, 2024 11:24 pm
May 8, 2024 12:14 am
I would like to try id you have a spot left. Always up for a new system.
I like low fantasy but I'm not against playing other type.

As for character, I usually let the dice decide what I will play. This way its always a surprise even for me.

KCC

May 9, 2024 5:41 am
Invitations sent out to @Harrigan, @PiebaldWookie and @GeneralET. The others are already in there and rolling dice! Glad to have you all!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.