D&D 5e One Shot: Wrath of the Gorgon Queen

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedDungeons & Dragons 5thPrivate3 / weekIronmonger42
Brave champions of Theros, you have been summoned by King Alexandros. His daughter, Faidra, has been taken, and it has been revealed that Hythonia, the queen of gorgons, is to blame. You, who have fought dangerous monsters before and lived to tell the tale, are the only ones who are strong enough and close enough to make it in time before Hythonia is able to turn Faidra into a gorgon.

This adventure takes place in Theros form the WotC magic the gathering setting Mythic Odyssey's of Theros. This is a single adventure that will take place at level 13 and will end with the conclusion of the adventure. In this adventure, you will need to make your way to Hythonia's island, which is said to be guarded by dragons. You will be provided a sturdy boat and crew, who will get you to the island and back. It is your job to deal with the gorgon queen.

Note: Travel spells like Wind Talk and Teleport and Magic Circle are not permitted, as I want the adventure to the boss to be just as exciting as the boss themself.

May 6, 2024 3:08 pm
✅ System: Dungeons and dragons 5e

✅ Adult Content: No foul language or sexual humor. Violent descriptions allowed, but no gore.

✅ Character Restrictions: See below:
Character Level: 13

Multiclassing: Allowed

Sources Allowed (Classes): Player's Handbook, Xanathar's Guide to Everything, Tasha's Cauldron of Everything (see Homebrew Rules and Nerfs section before choosing, as it may change your mind. Mostly: Twilight domain cleric and counterspell nerfed, and variant on short rests where you instead get a portion of some abilities back as soon as a fight ends instead of resting)

Races Allowed: Human (standard or variant) + those mentioned is Mythic Odyssey's of Theros (Centaur, Leonin, Minotaur, Satyr, Triton).

Stats: Point Buy or Standard Array (No rolling)

Backgrounds: PHB or Custom (note: backstories won't affect adventure, as this is similar to a one-shot)

Equipment: Standard Equipment + 6,000 gold to buy non-magical items like armor, plus 2 uncommon and 1 rare magic weapon (must be DM approved, items that provide flight or set ability scores above 20 are very likely to be denied)

Mythic Odyssey of Theros Unique Bonuses:
Each player get a Supernatural Gift and can choose to worship one of the gods of Theros (unless you have the Iconoclast supernatural gift, as you reject the gods of Theros). It will be assumed that the character has a Piety of 10 with whatever god you choose. This will cause your character to become stronger, and as such do not be surprised if I make monsters stronger to keep things exciting.

✅ Game Duration and Post Frequency: One Shot (when adventure ends, so does the campaign)

✅ Specialized Software and Resources: None, I will use otfbm for maps, and theater of the mind when appropriate

✅ Player Experience Requirements: This is not a good place for new players, as you will be lv 13 and that could be overwhelming if you are also learning the system

✅ How to Apply: Message below. First come first serve. No need to post character concept. I suggest you save that for once players are chosen, as with 13 levels to play with you may want to talk with each other about ideas.
May 6, 2024 3:39 pm
A high-level short game it's very hard to say no to that.
I'm interested in some dragon slaying
May 6, 2024 4:23 pm
I would love to jump in. High level would be a nice change!
May 6, 2024 4:44 pm
I would love to do this. High level is fun
May 6, 2024 5:10 pm
Must resist... but I cannot!
May 6, 2024 6:33 pm
I see 5 people and I was planning for 5. I already invited rune. I can either go with 5 and make the mission proportionately deadlier or I can go with 4 of 5 like originally planned.

Do all 5 still want to play?
May 6, 2024 6:47 pm
I'm ok with deadly. It's a one-shot, let's risk it.
May 6, 2024 7:06 pm
I want to play, but I don't want that to be a burden to DM, I can withdraw if it makes DM more comfortable with 4 players.
Besides I disagree high level is more fun that a mid tier,I was mostly interested to get some of the Mythic Odyssey taste - I've managed to miss that source book and the lore it introduces.
May 6, 2024 7:27 pm
I am interested! I'm expert with 5e and I'd crave for deadly glory!
May 6, 2024 7:41 pm
Sorry, Appalahl, plenty of people already showed interest. I promise to reach out if people have to leave. Everyone else has been invited. Applications closed
May 6, 2024 7:41 pm
Sorry, Appalahl, plenty of people already showed interest. I promise to reach out if people have to leave. Everyone else has been invited. Applications closed
May 6, 2024 8:18 pm
OMG. YES. Ironmonger42. I want spend days making a fine level 13 character! You can count me in for that. but I'm late. Sniff. Do keep me in mind for extra. :)
May 6, 2024 8:32 pm
will do.
First invite if someone leaves: Appalahi. Second: GeneCortess. I doubt for a 1-shot pbp style that more than 2 will leave, but it is possible.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.