[Closed] Savage Pathfinder - Rise of the Runelords

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedSavage WorldsPrivate3 / weekFurmyr
Welcome, brave adventurers, to the world of Golarion, where ancient evils stir and heroic deeds await! In the small, picturesque town of Sandpoint, nestled amid rolling hills and rugged coastline, a dark shadow looms on the horizon.

Rumors whisper of sinister forces awakening from centuries-long slumber, threatening to unleash chaos and devastation upon the land. As heroes of renown or fledgling adventurers seeking glory, you are drawn together by fate to confront this looming menace.

Want to give Savage Worlds another try, and I have this big adventure path just gathering dust on my HD.

May 5, 2024 12:27 pm
https://i.imgur.com/g8nMO99.jpeg

Five years after a tragic fire took both the last cathedral and Father Tobyn and his adoptive daughter Nualia's life, the people of Sandpoint eagerly anticipate the coming Swallowtail festival to commemorate the consecration of a new temple.

Game System: Pathfinder for Savage Worlds

Adult Content or Controversial Themes: There are some horror elements in a couple of the modules, though if wanted can be toned down.

Character Restrictions: Will alloweverything from the Pathfinder for Savage Worlds Core book, as well as the Advanced Player's Guide with the exeption of Goblin PCs.

Game Duration and Post Frequency: This is a 6 part Adventure Path, and even though Savage Worlds sell itself on being Fast, Furious, Fun it will take time to get through. I hope to post at least 3 times per week.

Player Experience Requirements: Savage Worlds is an easy system and character creation should be fast. Lack of knowing rules is no barrier for entry. The rules for Pathfinder for Savage Worlds is very similar to regular Savage Worlds with the exeption of Class Edges which can be explanied if needed.

How to Apply. Won't be first come first serve to the remaining spots. Make your interest known here, and a short character concept. Will make a decision May 13th.

Welcome Marginalized Groups. This game is explicitly friendly to LGBT and any other minorities or marginalized groups.
Last edited May 13, 2024 5:05 pm
May 5, 2024 3:08 pm
Too bad i already played this one. I like AP. :) Good luck in your campaign.
May 5, 2024 6:15 pm
I'm definitely interested playing Savage worlds game. I would either keep it simple with the stereotypical Barbarian, or try druid to see how spells work, but I'm open to playing anything
May 5, 2024 6:32 pm
I am interested, however I want to take a look at the rulebook first. Have me in mind in case you have an empty spot!
May 6, 2024 2:02 am
I'm interested. I'm very familiar with this AP through the second book but I wanted to try Pathfinder through SW since I love the world more than the PF system.
May 6, 2024 6:15 am
I am interested to give this one a try but I have forgotten most of the Savage Worlds rules and I haven't read the PF-Savage Worlds rule's conversions. So, consider me a new player here. If you have a free spot for one then I would love to give this one a try.
May 6, 2024 9:52 am
If I understood correctly, Savage world is an entire different rule set than pathfinder, and you using the lore of golarion as a setting? Thanks.
Last edited May 6, 2024 9:52 am
May 6, 2024 10:05 am
Yes. Will use the Pathfinder for Savage Worlds books. The official conversion by Pinnacle.
May 6, 2024 3:34 pm
I don't get it. Savage Worlds shines by being a class-less system. Now its getting back to classes?
May 6, 2024 4:11 pm
It's still classless. Just have edges to try and emote how classes works. You don't need to take them, and can trade out for a Background or Professional edge instead. Though they are a bit more powerful. Sorcerers & Wizards for example is basically just Arcane Backgrounds when it comes down to it. Just flavored for the genre of dungeon fantasy (Spellschool vs Bloodline Power). I think it's similar to how Iconic Frameworks are in Savage Worlds Rifts (don't have Savage Rifts so my impression based on how it's described).
May 6, 2024 11:47 pm
I played a small smidgen of the AP a bit ago, and I certainly am wanting to try Savage Worlds again...

In terms of character concept, I'd probably be wanting to bring in a tiefling paladin. She's big, strong, shy, and WILL go Mama bear if her friends are getting attacked.
May 7, 2024 9:12 pm
Hi! I'm certainly interested:) I think we were playing together in your previous try of Savage Pathfinder. I was looking for some long-term game here on GP, where I will be able (at least) to get some XP and advance my character. So AP seams perfect for me:) As for character I would like to continue with my investigator: Li Xingchi.

Still actual caveat: I don't play at weekends(Fri evening-Mon morning).
May 13, 2024 5:05 pm
I sent out invitation to:
crazybirdman
nezzeraj
Stalker05
AbbyssalChimera
Pedrop

You do not have permission to post in this thread.